Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Printer Cabinet Finally done! RH knock off!

So if you read the post below this one, you'll have seen that I've been working 
on this printer cabinet like the one being sold by Restoration Hardware. 
Jen Woodhouse over at House of Wood, had Ana White draw up some plans for her after seeing
this cabinet. I liked Jen's so much, and got such inspiration from her, that I decided I
wanted one too! My husband was kind enough to humor me and lend a hand. 
Here is Jen's:

Here is my finished version:
There is no sense in me reinventing the wheel, so, for the actual plans, go to Ana's site. 
For the actual step-by-step, go to Jens site.
Both of these women are absolutely amazing!
 I made a few changes and will touch on those. I also made mistakes! 
If I had to build another one, it would be easier! 
So please, if you plan on doing one of these, follow closely! I will save your sanity!

Wood: I wanted something different. I didn't want to use pine or douglas fir. I walked around
the lumber yard and found some rustic alder that I liked. But,,,,,They don't make 2X2's, 1X2's and 1X3's.in alder. No problem. If you have a table saw
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment